Tuesday, September 7, 2010

wtf?

Yeah, I know you're probably wondering what the title of my blog is all about. Well, it's roughly translated to "beautiful eternity" in Gaelic. Pretty much sums up how I think about life.
   Anywho, I don't know what possessed me to start a blog, and I didn't know it'd be so much of a time consuming pain either, but I figure hey, if they start up book burnings again, I'll have this at least...right?
   I've kept a journal since I was in 2nd grade. After it was stolen by a group of girls who shall not be named and the whole school found out I was in love with Rodney Leavitt, I stopped for a while, then picked it up again in 6thish grade and have kept one ever since. This is not to toot my own horn, believe you me. I just have always felt a need to write. Probably why I'm an English teacher...huh. It's therapuetic to me, much like working out I suppose. I won't stop keeping my hand-written journals, but there's something about pounding out your thoughts through the keys that relaxes me.
   Cheesiness aside, I don't really know where to begin. I could bore you with some general facts about my life I suppose. That's what good bloggers do right? Don't worry, I'll keep the torture short and sweet.
    I'm teaching in Mesquite, NV. LAST place on earth I every imagined myself. I hated having to come all the way here to play sports when I was in high school. When I graduated BYU in '08, I wanted to teach at some big high school in Vegas, but when I graduated, the only schools offering English teaching positions were the kind that puts out kids who my Dad prosecutes and puts in jail for his job at the Attorney General's office. He was not about to let me work at a school with a metal detector, but that aside, I didn't want to teach a bunch of remedial level kids who were put in a class because they were told they were dumb. It makes teaching pretty impossible when the kid is told that. I got a call from a family friend who happened to be a principal at VVHS, and here I am. I am thoroughly enjoying my teaching and coaching experience there, though after my mental 3 year commitment, new horizons may be within reach. For now I'm deciding when and where for a master's and enjoying the heat.
   
   I was planning on writing a lot more and less borish, but being as it's late and I gotta get up at 4:30...meh. Onward for now.

1 comment:

  1. Miss Emily Wilson.. this might sound a little creepy, but, I love reading your blog! You make me laugh and believe it or not, I look up to you a lot. Always have. You are such an accomplished woman and have a great amount of confidence. I'm still working on being that cool. Thanks for sharing your blog with me :)

    ReplyDelete