Sunday, April 24, 2011

One handed typing skillage

   
Ole! Ok...done being weird n random now. I've been meaning to update my weight loss stuff buuutttt typin with one hand ain't easy so it will have to wait. I just noticed I didn't update in March at all and I can't believe that it's already May! I've been in a writing/reading mood lately so most of my "blogging" has been with pen and paper. I feel like it's more "authentic" that way I guess, and when the world "ends", I have a better chance of preserving records in a notebook than I do with a laptop/computer that needs electricity to work. Anyway....tangent, sorry.   
     I'll just do some quick updates. I've decided to go and teach at Chaparrall High School in Vegas. It was a tough decision and I don't think of the reality of it has settled in yet, but I've always been a person who doesn't like feeling content or having a life full of mediocrity; I don't stay long in the comfort zone! Neal A. Maxwell said, "True spirituality helps us to achieve balance between being too content with our present self and the equally dangerous human tendency we might have of wishing for more enlarged and impactful roles". I feel like moving to teach at Chaparrall with help me with the balance. It'll be a challenge, and I know I'm giving up a lot, but I hope the saying "With greater sacrifice comes greater blessings" will prove true. I'm looking forward to growing and learning from new colleaugues and new students living in a rough neighborhood. I know it's going to be a lot of hard work, but I feel like getting to be part of starting a school almost completely over again and getting the grad rate up in only 3 years will be invaluable experience for me as a professional/teacher, especially if I choose to take the administrative route.
    Idk where I'm going to live yet...I would to live in Summerlin, (Cheesecake Factory, Tilly's, Target, Whole Foods, and Barnes and Noble all on one shopping corner, hello?!) but it makes the commute longer as opposed to Green Valley/Henderson. The plan is to go to a couple of wards next week to get the vibes from there and see roommate options. What really matters to me is living in a home where the spirit can be present and with roommates who aid that. Even though I don't have my own family and own home yet, I want to make wherever my "home" is a happy place.
   Let's see what else...I signed up to be a summer school sub and went to a temp agency so I'm really hoping I can find a summer job. With a 7-10% pay cut coming up next year, I'm gonna need the extra cash with increased rent cost and what not. And since I'm not going to start my Master's with these stupid "lane freezes" CCSD is implementing, I'm gonna really want something to do with my time other than read books and hit the gym. In the past when I spent my summer's working for Nevada Power in Vegas, there were always valley-wide events with the singles ward so I am STOKED to spend as much time as possible having fun and meeting new people. Mesquite is a retirement community so I've been much deprived in that area, especially to the stark contrast it was moving from BYU. Here, too, I feel, I can improve and grow as a person. It's only a bonus if some of those people so happen to be hot men who are marriage-material :).

   Well, my hand is dyin so I'm gonna close for now. More updates later...

1 comment:

  1. lol you seriously typed that one-handed? I am skeptical! ;) I'm especially impressed with the capitalization, but I suppose you have longer fingers than I do...

    ReplyDelete